Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Cave Troll Down!

Okay--here's the reason I was home today with time to surf everybody's blogs (which I really enjoyed by the way!)

The Cave Troll is SICK! That's why he had his meltdown yesterday! (Flat of hand to forehead!) He's had a fever since last night, and I've been home in the rubble, remembering why I made a shitty stay-at-home mom all those years ago. (Why bother to clean the house if we're just going to crap it up again...)

Anyway...that didn't stop me from going to the the grocery story and getting my purse stolen, complete with credit cards *sniff*, new i-pod *sob* and (only me) two balls of irreplacable sock yarn, one completed and one 1/4 of the way completed sock complete with three sets of short straight dpns, one set of long dpns and two circulars (in the working sock). If the i-pod hadn't been new, I'd say the sock yarn was the biggest grief...wait--yeah, I've run my fingers through my stash in an amazing go of yarn-apy...it's still the i-pod. But it was damn close.

So I'm home again tomorrow with the poor little guy... I hate it when they're sick, but I've got to say, The Cave Troll is a lovely patient--when his fever breaks, he's cheeful, cuddly but not too cuddly, and asks nicely for juice. When his fever comes back, he wants only his binkit, his movie (Open Season--glad I don't have to watch it with him, it's run about 600 times today) and for me to (in his words) LEAVE ME ALONE, MOM.

So I'll be haunting everybody's blog and hopefully he'll be up and going bonkers tomorrow...I really do hate it when they're sick...that fish-eyed stare from across my bed just breaks my heart.

(Louiz has a sick little-un too--chicken pox, but in the pictures, all you can see are sweet faced little girl:-)

14 comments:

Louiz said...

Poor cave troll, I hope he feels better soon. And that you get your i-pod/sock/sock needles/credit cards back, how just what you don't need.

And loved your books (waiting for pay day to get Bound... brilliant)

Amy Lane said...

:-) Hey everybody--she liked my books!!!! (I do this with everybody, btw...you should have seen me do my cocker spaniel pee-pee dance when Roxie and LIR read my books and liked them...well, maybe my dignity is thin enough as it is...)

roxie said...

Oh, poor baby! Have you canceled the credit cards? That totallly SUCKS!! Was the purse snatched before or after you paid for the groceries? I would be just SICK!

Sorry about the Cave Troll, too.

NeedleTart said...

OOhhhh! Not just the i-pod, but yarn too. NOOOOO! I hope you got to listen to the newest LimenViolet at least.
Sending feel better thoughts to cave troll. At least here we're snowed in (again) and school is canceled (again). We will be making up the lost days in June as this is the first year in memory that the prick-weenies (sorry, administration) didn't add extra days to the schedule for weather.
Just looked at the clock. It's 7AM where you are. Yuck, mornings....

Catie said...

In Ontario growing up we had a few snow days a year and they just seemed to be a write off - there was no making them up at the end of the year. I love snow days. I miss snow days. Watch out for the credit cards, my friend had her purse stolen this summer (and ipod coincidentally). She cancelled her cards but had to do more because the person was applying for credit cards and bank accounts in her name. So now for the next 5 years every time she needs to do some credit related thing it is going to be a huge ordeal.

Cave Troll - feel better soon.

Susan said...

Will you write my blog for me, as long as you're there?

Thanks! You're a dear.

Mother of Chaos said...

Gads. What a sucky day. Hope Cave Troll is feeling better SOON. We've got Boo Bug home today, too...we're not sure if she's really sick, or if she just worked herself into a throw-up-tissy because she didn't want to get up and go to school.

Once she was sure she was staying home, all symptoms magically vanished and she seems fine. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Saren Johnson said...

Hope Cave Troll feels better soon! It sucks to be sick. Also hope the person who stole your purse is hunted down and treated unkindly.

Do you need replacement sock yarn?

Julie said...

Poor, poor Cave Troll.

Poor, poor Cave Troll Mommy.

Hugs to you both.

Amy Lane said...

Awww...thanks for the good wishes, you guys... he actually is feeling better--less fever, more snot, if you remember your bug progressions of the past...

As for the other stuff? The i-pod hurts because it was only 5 months old...and it had an inscription on it 'to mom'--and it had the kids pictures on it, which I loved having with me... but impending credit card headaches and all, it's only stuff...the cave troll is getting better, I can live without my stuff...

What's totally cracking me up right now is that knittech offered me replacement sock yarn--which is sort of like asking the drug dealer/junkie who just got rolled if she would like another hit to keep the edge off...she's got a whole factory at home...but she doesn't know if she can make it that far...sure...a hit sounds great...yeah...just to take the edge off...no, no, I'd better not...but...yeah...

Robin said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That really stinks. I am glad the little guy is feeling better though. I must get knitting book soon, this is almost like a different language. I had no idea there was such a thing as sock yarn.

Bells said...

oh and seriously, a lost ipod would break my heart, too, even if mine is getting old and a bit over-loved now. I'm totally attached to mine. I feel your pain.

The Lady in Red said...

Poor Cave Troll! I'm sorry he's sick. Mr. Mature is a bear when he's not feeling well. (Crossing my fingers he doesn't catch anything any time soon!)
And there is a special place in Hell for purse theives. I can't believe they took your yarn too. I wonder what they're doing with all those needles and your half finished sock!

Rae said...

Oh my, what a day for me to be out of the blogosphere. I'm with Coach Susan -- can you write my blog for me, too?

Oh wait, that was yesterday.

Hope Cave Troll is on the mend. Sometimes that snot can seem to hang around for-fucking-ever.

And OH MY on the purse. Curses! How could it be? How in hell could it be? Do they not know the love of sock yarn? Maybe those needles will get revenge and stab them. Maybe. Just maybe.

My ipod has just about grown into my body, to become an appendage all of its own. So I feel for it as well.

And credit cards, well, those can be cancelled. Dare I suggest that the thiefs went grocery shopping with them too, and those charges need to be removed??

;)