Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Sunday, February 25, 2007

You're sick, I'll humor you...

Julie asked for pictures of my shopping trip of shame...we all remember our Princes Bride, right? Anyway, I thought I'd try to mask the sheer amount with pictures of the toddler, but since it's 11:30 in the morning and he's still wearing pajamas, well, maybe not such a stellar idea...
The devil ducky knitting needles are Chicken's... as is the basket with the al-paca and the gratis bamboozle that we got from the goodie bags on the train (those were great, by the way...yarn, an entire book, a craft magazine...not bad for jumping on a train!) But I especially like the one picture of him with two itty bitty skeins of yarn...that between them carry about 3200 yards of fiber. That, my yarn-drugging friends, is what is known as good shit. (And, okay, looking at the preview, that picture has gone bye bye in the ether and it's not letting me download again... c'est la vie...)
I finally just caved and took a picture of the full box and now I'm going to go hide, shame faced, and cook something in penance.



src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgav7_HoUuu1cjO7Xxqd2XihEE9ZaLoru1szIixAkVZ1TXmJvZdrTHtzuVVSttZA5JLccD3QPjB30gkq12ZlkIQCzK4lRrJd5zLNHTlUJZ-OfiaCe7UA_pSoJZnwyP63-DoAgM2HNnDXjw/s320/2-12-07+061.jpg" border="0" alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5035552533841657506" />

9 comments:

NeedleTart said...

And here I was trying to defend my purchase of $100 worth of sock yarn. "Of course it's mostly for you Dear Husband....except for this...and this...and.."

roxie said...

Ow, ow, ow! I Love the Oscar yarn so hard it hurts!!

And the CaveTroll modeling yarn is so adorabe that it makes my teeth hurt. Owwww!

Catie said...

can you tell me more about the needles with sheep on them please?

Amy Lane said...

Gods, I wish I could--I can't find the tag in our detritus to save my life... (and I've been looking--the Cave Troll almost broke his sister's needles today and I was surfing frantically to find the place so I might be able to replace them.)

Rae said...

I'm jealous, and now I have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.

Saren Johnson said...

Those are great shots. Love those colors!

How was penance?

Amy Lane said...

I don't do penance that well... we were lucky the dog was hungry...

Susan said...

Never pose your children next to your newly aquired stash. It illustrates scale in a manner that can only cause embarrassment.

Susan said...

Meanwhile, in Playing Catchupville...

"Suck my coptic sock!" made me snort aloud, causing my co-workers to wonder what could possibly be so funny about automated testing scripts.