Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

60 pages, 3 more posts, and 1/2 a baby sock...


Okay--I admit, I've been a bit distracted lately. And getting to visit my friends, I mean blog, has been much harder--and much more infrequent--than it should be. I've been staying up late, getting up early, neglecting the housework, and spending as much time on my ass with kids on my lap as humanly possible, and still, (STILL!) I feel as though I am not accomplishing enough as a teacher, a knitter, a writer, or a mother.

But I'm about to hit a milestone or two, and not only am I starting to get excited about them, I'm finally starting to feel like that mean-assed scorpio moon is about to stop going retro on my fat-white-posterior, and starting to swing my way.

* I have 60 pages more to edit in BITTER MOON, Part I, and I even have a sucker I mean victim, I mean volunteer to edit my final draft via computer--thanks, Tink! One more person I'll gladly add to my free book list, and if I can get this puppy into iUniverse by Dec. 5th, then I'm looking at a January release date! It's good that I'm so stoked about this--The Little Goddess sales are in their characteristic Thanksgiving slide towards oblivion, and that always depresses me, but not today. Today, I'm very close to a brand spankin' new finished product. Now comes the part where you all coax Amy Lane out of the Crazy Woman Writer Tree with the branches of Complete Fucking Neurosis--everybody with me? You remember the prayer? "Merciful Goddess, Holy God, (everybody now!) PLEASE LET IT NOT SUCK!!!!!" Amen.

* If you count the old blog address--the one I bailed on because the rabid little bastards from last year invaded my blog (I don't want to talk about how I was partially responsible...damn, how naive could I be?), and I do count those, because basically I'm the same goofy person I was then, just with a shorter url, I'm 3 posts away from my 300th post. Yee-ha. That's 300 whines, 300 ''count your blessings", 300 boring kid stories, and, I'm sure, 1800 different uses of the 'F' word and all it's brethren. Now THAT'S an anniversary to remember!

* I'm 1/2 a baby sock away from a complete finished hat/sockie set for the buddy w/the shower on Saturday. I'm proud--I may finish it tonight, or maybe tomorrow, but it doesn't matter--it will be done in plenty of time for me to shop for a gift of something that will fit NOW as opposed to 18 months for now. I don't know what to tell you. My sense of baby gifts is mortally skewed. I'm also going to be working on a boy hat for a boy nearing a year old, for reasons known to me and Lady In Red--the little nipper had an unexpected penis, and didn't get to wear his official "Mum's Weirdo Yarn Friend" gear, and really, since his big brother got a blanket, I think he missed out. I think he really really needs a hat. Because Christmas is coming and I'm in freaking denial, that's why.

Oh yeah--the Cave Troll and I were playing with i-Photo--can you tell? (And why blogger should choose to load these photos tonight, when it has ignored me so happily in the past, I cannot fathom a guess...)

6 comments:

Galad said...

I said the prayer and I know it will not suck! Just wanted to get my two cents in before heading off for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm thankful that you keep writing and sharing it with the rest of us in the middle of an incredibly busy life!

Saren Johnson said...

60 pages and a four day weekend. You'll be done in no time.

roxie said...

Yayy Amy! I, personally, think you would have to be triplets to accomplish half of what you manage, so all I can figure is that you use some alternatetime line thing and absolutely do not sleep at all. You blow my mind, woman. Joy and hoorahs to you! And may every turkey you meet be roasted!

NeedleTart said...

I can personally attest that it does not suck (commas? You want me to check for comma placement while all "this" is going on?!?!). Get your orders in early, folks.

TinkingBell said...

So far - not sucking at all (though some commas have been pushed and pulled and a couple of capitals...) - not sucking!

The Lady in Red said...

As one of the someone's reading the book, I can officially say, it does not suck. I've neglected many a chore in the last few days because it doesn't suck that much. Breathe, Amy. Your book is good!