Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, September 12, 2008

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

Here I am. Stuck in the middle with you:-)

And the results of my unofficial survey are...

We're all a translucent combination of dark and bright, raising ourselves to the heavens and sinking with quiet finality to the depth of the mortality pond.

Groovy. I'm not the only fulcrum on the scales--I like that:-)

So--it's the end of the week. This week, I've had two back-2-school nights (Mine and Chickens), one orthodontist appointment (Mate drove) and two late nights for Mate (to make up for missing work on the other things). My brains are crispy fried, with a little bit of cinnamon sugar, thank you, and I'm appalled to say that, with the exception of some editing on Bitter Moon II, I've written a whopping six pages. That's it. six. the end. Finito. Crap.

I'd be totally panicking right now, but I popped out three pages in 1/2 an hour today, and realized a couple of things.

A. The rest of the year won't be this appallingly busy. It never is. There will be balance, and things will settle down.
B. This is not a race. Thanks to my friends who have reminded me (and you would be surprised how many there are. Okay. YOU wouldn't, because YOU are all part of them, but I am because I'm me) that this is not a race and my head will not explode if I miss a deadline. I won't even be fired. Really, I'll just have to write it up in the website with an explanation, and so far, Amy Lane afficianados seem pretty tolerant of things like the fact that I"m writing for quality and story and not quantity and nit-picking punctuation perfection, so I should be good. If I have to hold on to Bitter Moon II for a little longer to make it better, people would rather 'better' than 'now'. If Rampant gets released next fall instead of next spring, my family would rather 'mom' than 'Amy Lane, deadline maker extraordinaire.' It is all copasetic.
C. Bitter Moon II does not suck. I sent out a raw manuscript and got comments. I'm pretty sure that was my intention, so I should be happy with the results. If nothing else, I've had to think about the things I've written and be absolutely positive they've achieved their goal. The process only make me better.

And now that my navel is completely examined, X-rayed, and chem-paneled, lets move on to lighter subjects, shall we?

'Bones' started it's season. It rocks.
The pilot of 'Fringe' was on. Also rocks.
'Burn Notice' is nearing its season finale. Rocks everywhere.
Heroes is coming. ROCKS AHEAD!
SUPERNATURAL IS PREMIERING NEXT THURSDAY. Don't call me, e-mail me, talk to me or touch me from 9:00-10:00 Pacific Standard Time, because I will snarl, rip off your face, and chew on it contentedly as I go back to my bestest best favoritist tv pleasure in the world right now. *sigh*

See what I mean? Sometime, somewhere, the world will be in balance!

Oh yeah--I'm actually knitting too! But right now, I've got to go get Chicken from school, so more about that later:-)

5 comments:

roxie said...

Heroes is on too late for me to watch. I should get DH to record it. What is Supernatural? And do you watch Eureka? I LOVE that one! With Bones, I'm wondering if they will be running a new lab assistant every week this season? Gonna be a lotta TVing for me this fall. Dancing with the Stars, Survivor, Primeval, . . . Oh, God bless the Sci Fi channel!!

Galad said...

We love the Sci Fi channel too except for some of their "made for tv" movies :-)

Glad to hear you are working toward balance and getting in some knitting again. When do you start the Homespun sweater :-)

Saren Johnson said...

Damn I missed Fringe?

Donna Lee said...

I have this paper I found in my craft closet at work (I am the arts and crafts person, go figure) that says "the world will not fall apart with my absence". I keep it on the wall in front of my desk to remind me that I can sometimes be late, take time off, goof off and the world will go on and on and on.

Litchi said...

Another SPN fangirl here!
Thursday can't come quick enough.
Can. Not. Wait.


Leanne
PS-I loved Fringe too.