Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Friday, December 12, 2008

What the horoscope said:

"You will get news or meet friends today, Amy, from abroad. These things could possibly cheer you all day."

What happened:

During my second period class another teacher walked in with a cop. I glanced at the cop and then at my (admittedly dodgy) class and was about to say, "Okay, officer, which kid are you here for?"

Then I realized he WAS a kid-- or he had been, back in 2003. Goddess bless him--he wanted to come visit, and I probably shattered his eardrums with OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

Ayup. Made my day.

And so did this:

Another student decided to give us little Christmas gifts--little hand lotions and such. I accepted, smiled, said thank you, and rubbed lotion into my hands.

And wondered all day about the smell... what is that smell? Why does it turn my stomach? I don't like this smell. What was this smell supposed to be?

So I took a better look at the little bottle. And the distinctive plant on the front of it. And the name of the lotion.

Hempz.

In a country where I can't buy hemp yarn for that cool hat I saw in Knitty a couple of issues ago, this kid just gave a bunch of people hand lotion made from marijuana oil.

I've been laughing my ass off all fucking day.

Who knew? That free horoscope had it pegged!

2 comments:

Galad said...

Glad to hear you got a day of laughter and visit. That is a nice thing to have at this busy time of year.

Saren Johnson said...

That's just awesome.