Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Monday, January 19, 2009

And the bad news is...

Okay, good news first.

The good news is, I awoke this morning, after having finished a pair of fingerless mitts that I WILL have pictures of eventually (because I'm keeping them) and after watching four episodes of Season 2 of yummy-youngsters in a cool car with guns and ghosts (Uhm, Supernatural) and I felt GREAT.

Take on the world great. Accomplish stuff great. No foot-pain great. Cold on its last legs great.

I took advantage of it. I did three loads of laundry, went grocery shopping, took the kids to the park and chased them around in circles, got home and swept the entire house, cooked dinner including a green, did the dishes, started a pair of baby socks for a grandmother-to-be who deserves to spoil unmercifully, started a 'dress' for my princess Ladybug who will probably 'help' me knit this right into a tangle of hot-pink Rowan cotton blend, helped the Cave Troll do his "Me Poster" for his homework, got Ladybug into a bath while Mate got the Cave Troll showered, helped Big T understand politics, and watched the Power-Puff Girls marathon with all of the kids because they're awesome (both kids AND Power-Puff Girls).

So that's the good news.

The bad news is that it was 70 degrees all week, the Kings won in overtime last week, and it's possible we managed to elect neither a jackass OR a moron this year.

I'm sorry, y'all. The bad news is I might have just opened the 4th seal to the Apocalypse. I'll try to whine more in the future and make sure this NEVER happens again!

7 comments:

Louiz said...

Sounds like a good day though...

Donna Lee said...

hey, everyone deserves a day like that once in a while. Just don't make a habit of it! I love it when things go well all at once and I feel like I have it all under control. It's such a fine illusion.

ismarah said...

Eh, it was worth it!

roxie said...

You make me laugh out loud! Fourth seal to the apocalypse indeed! You deserve an occasional good day just to highlight the blackness necessary to good teen angsty fiction. Treasure these days. You were due!

Galad said...

What a great day. You have to treasure those days when it all just falls in to place.

Go PowerPuff Girls!

Saren Johnson said...

What a fun day. Maybe you should try for two of them next week.

TinkingBell said...

Fabulous day - lucky duck.

Off to cross job number 5,00048595723648549567 off my list!