Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh hey... things got interesting!

Only little interesting, but still... you know... interesting...

The thing is, traffic was bad. I mean, you know...BAAAAAAAD. And I looked up as I was passing the exit for work on the way to the babysitter's, and realized, "Hey--this is usually the time I LEAVE the baby sitter's! Holy bats, Crapman! I'm frickin' late!"

So I took Ladybug to work with me, and she was a big success.

I think one of my favorite moments was when a kid pulled out his little laser pen and had her running around the room looking for that light like Hammy from 'Over the Hedge'! (I looked for a video on Youtube, but got sidetracked by all the pretty Jensen/Jared vids in the way....mmmmm...Jensen...wait, what was I? Oh yeah... trust me. The spot was funny.) But she got fussed over, fawned over, told she was lovely, told she looks just like mama, told she has beautiful eyes, told she has beautiful hair, and told she was REALLY articulate for four years old. And then our principal told her she was the SHORTEST freshman he'd ever seen. Anyway, the kids thought she was lovely, and she is now extremely tired and trying to hijack my keyboard--so, uhm, that was interesting.

The other interesting thing was that a kid threw up in my trash can--the good news is, I don't think she was high! The bad news is... DUDES! GROSS!!!

And I'm starting my roulette sock tonight. Sweartadog... I actually started it last night, but I couldn't find any of my beading needles (I think that's because Ladybug figured out they were fun to cut up with yarn scissors. *sigh*) Anyway, that should probably stop my almost paralyzing case of startitis in it's tracks--buds, I'm done with my friend's chocolate wool hugging hat, and I'm ready to finish all the stuff in my project bag and get to work on some baby socks, hats, and blankets, cannyagimmehallelujia, I've got until April!!!

Oh yes--one other thing. As I was sitting here, trying to type a blog, Mate went to the pan of chicken nuggets I'd, uhm, lovingly prepared, and said, "So, am I eating nameless chicken parts tonight?"

I concentrated on my post for a minute and then let out a chicken squawk... you know, "B'Gawk..."

Uhm, except it came out really loud... so loud, that the real Chicken came rounding the corner just as I screamed, BGAAAAWWWWKKKK!!!" And said "What in the hell is THAT?" Just as I spit soda all over my keyboard because I'd surprised MYSELF! Dudes. Sometimes 'interesting' is really code for "My dorkfisn has totally taken over...swim away! Swim away now!!!"

And that's about it for the moment-- a drive-by posting as it were. I've got a walk to take and socks to make and cakes to bake... well, everything except the cakes, because, uhm, you know. Me and cooking. Bad news.

7 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I used to bring my kids to work with me and they loved it. They also learned to accept people with developmental disabilities as People. And forever after never let anyone use the word retarded in their presence.

Galad said...

I'm sure Ladybug's visit to school was a learning experience for the students and her :-)

Anonymous said...

Should we send you corndogs to feed the dorkfish?

Saren Johnson said...

Well, I'm sure Ladybug learned quite a bit today.

Best way to be sent home? Go puke in a supervisor's trash can. I was headed to the bathroom; but I missed.

Unknown said...

An ancient Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."

roxie said...

Ladybug in highschool? I'm seeing Bodecia, red hair flying, driving her charriot through the halls!

TinkingBell said...

If I took Destructoboy to work with me...work wouldn't be there by the end of the day...

But I's sure Ladybug and the students had a great time