Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bound and Determined...

I KEEL U DED!!!
Okay-- so I couldn't help notice that my blog posting has fallen off in the last two years.  Now, part of it is that I think my blog posts got more pictures--they're a teeny bit more of a production.  Go me!  And part of it is that all the shit I blogged about at the beginning when it was novel is no longer novel, and, well, I don't want to bore anyone so I don't talk about the farting dog or the baby (who's in Kindergarten--WAAHH!) or those other hella cute things anymore, because, well, there's a little less of them.  And part of it is that, well, now that I'm making my living on the computer, blogging as leisure time is a little trickier.  I want to get AWAY from the computer, not closer to it, which is hard when all my friends are in the little silver box!





So anyway, in an effort not to let my blogging disappear COMPLETELY, I swore I'd get in 12 blogs for January.  My clock says I've got 17 minutes left.  But, dammit, blowing it off now, that's a shitty way to start a resolution, right?

And part of it is that Squish and I have been a little bit sick.  Sick enough to keep Squish home for two days, sick enough for me to fall asleep when she sits on me--and some of that's wonderful.  My cuddle to real life ratio has gone down drastically in the last year, and I've missed it--but that means less time at the computer too--and blogging wasn't the only thing that took a hit today.  My story about the three fates and the entwined lives of Thor and Loki has progressed, but not as far as I'd planned.  For those of you wondering what the hurry is, if I can get it done soon enough, I can spend a week or so working on Quickening--and I've been in a real Lady Cory place, and I'd love to be able to do that.

So this is it-- an emergency blogpost, peppered with some of the best pretty and weirdest cute that has shown up in my phone in the last week.  That ninja bunny?  He's kept me laughing for two days!  I want him on a T-shirt!

And, as I've got six minutes left, I'll leave you with this quote, just overheard on Leverage as I was listening/writing:

"Why's there a nun's outfit without a nun in it?"
"Rapture!"

For some reason, that just seems sublime to me-- I'm gonna laugh myself to sleep:-)

6 comments:

Donna Lee said...

I can see where you'd want to walk away from the computer. I spend large parts of my day in front of one and don't always feel like looking at another one at home.

But, I'd miss the continuing adventures of your family and your thoughts on stuff (yea, I speak the English good). It doesn't matter to me that you don't have anything exciting and new, it's about "talking" with a friend. Digging up thoughts/ideas for blog posts is easier some days than others but even a boring day to you may hold some weird fascination for someone else.

Saren Johnson said...

My blogging has fallen off too. Wonder if it's because I'd rather knit, because I spend all day working on the computer.

roxie said...

Dear Heart, you can tell me about the baby and Zoom boy and Chicken, et.al. as much as you like. Your take on the daily diddly is endlessly engaging. I kind of fall away from blogs that don't let me into their lives. I'm mostly interested in people, not in what they think about their chosen political candidate or other worthy shit.

Go Little Goddess!

Zeke said...

Sending well wishes and healing thoughts with hopes that you and Squish are feeling better very soon.

Galad said...

Hope you and Squish feel better soon. Enjoy the cuddles!

I love reading your blog no matter what you talk about. As Donna Lee said, it is a visit with a friend :-)

Adara said...

I know this is old, but YAY Quickening! Did you make it?