Green's Hill-Amy Lane's Home - News

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Things I'm concerned about vs. things my dogs are worried about


Hey all!

First of all, I'm going to talk up the RT BookLover's convention in Reno on May 15-20th. I've mentioned this to about five people--romance lovers all--in the Sacramento area, and they've all been like, "Really? My favorite authors are so close?"  (These are my family and friends, y'all--I'm not even close to their favorite author.)

And seriously-- these are people who read the big names and they're really star struck and then I show them who ELSE is going to be there  and they're... 

Well, flabbergasted because they didn't know that HAPPENED. 

And then they ask me what I'm going to be doing there, and I don't have the heart to tell them that I'm going to be putting on makeup and dressing like a grownup and pretending I fit in.

Anyway-- if you're looking to see what's going down and who's going to be there I've got sort of a press kit for you-- and a link: RT BookLover's Convention  so you can sign up if the other stuff looks really awesome.

Agenda Booklet http://bit.ly/2rhdZVF
FAN-tastic Day Booklet http://bit.ly/2rdUNsS
Book Fair Author Seating Booklet http://bit.ly/2Krd3a5

Anyway-- now, on to our regularly scheduled post:

Following is a list of some things that worry ME vs. things that worry the DOGS. You may see some marked differences in perspective.


Me: Word count--omg, is my word count high enough?

Dogs: I wish she'd get away from that machine.

Me: Is Squish going to be to on time?

Dogs: Is she going to take us with her? She always takes us with her. OH PLEASE TAKE US WITH YOU!

Me: Do you think the kids liked dinner?

Dogs: SHARE DAMMIT!

Me: Okay, home--time to gather all the things in the car and--

Dogs: SHE'S HOME! TIME TO GO BANANAS IN HER FACE AND A LITTLE BIT NUTS TOO AND THEN GIVE HER TONGUE!

Me: God, the bathroom is a DISASTER!

Dogs: What are you doing in there? Are you peeing? We pee in the park. You could pee in the park. Would you like to pee in the park? Let's go to the park. WE CAN ALL PEE IN THE PARK!

Me: Did I eat too much crap today?

Dogs: Did we eat enough meat today? I don't think we ate enough meat today. WOMAN FEED US MEAT!

Me: God I'm tired. When I get this all done I can nap!

Dogs: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Me: Oh geez, I have deadlines and stuff I have to buy and paperwork and editing and--

Dogs: DID WE MENTION FEED US MEAT?

Me: And I need to get this sweater done to give to my friend...

Dogs: Why is she doing the thing with the string while we are TRYING TO SLEEP????

Me: And God I'm bushed. I'm just going to crawl under the covers with Mate and...

Dogs: LET US IN LET US IN YOU CANNOT SLEEP IF YOU ARE NOT PROPERLY GUARDED!

Me: I'm not sure my spine was meant to twist this way...

Dogs: PERFECT. END SCENE. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

No comments: